Children's playground for residential use and public use - Juego Jardin

FREE SHIPPING from 300€ !

Children's playground for residential use vs. public use. Which one should I install?

Spanish laws provide some ambiguity in relation to the type of park to be installed in each case, since there is no express legislation to regulate the safety of the parks in each case. However, at the European level there are specific safety regulations for each use.

We can distinguish between the following: EN71 standard for residential or private use and EN1176 for public use. The main differences between these approvals are the following: EN1176 clearly defines the specifications to be met for safe use of the park in conditions of hard, demanding and intensive use.

The EN71 standard defines the requirements to be met by a playpen considered as a domestic toy. Hence, parks for residential use are designed taking into account a controlled and less intensive use than those for public use.

Spanish regulations for playgrounds for residential use

Although parks for residential use can be very resistant, as a general rule we must classify parks based on their use as follows:

Playgrounds in public areas with free access: EN1176

Playgrounds in schools and educational centers: EN1176

Playgrounds in neighboring communities: EN1176

Playgrounds in hotels and restaurants: EN1176

Playgrounds in campsites: EN1176

Playgrounds in homes: EN71

Playgrounds in holiday homes: EN71

Playgrounds in private gardens: EN71

The autonomous communities of Madrid, Galicia, Valencia and Andalusia have already incorporated their own legislation in relation to the installation of playgrounds.